CHHC Privacy Statement
Colchester Holistic Health Clinic is committed to protecting your privacy. You can access our website without giving us any information about yourself. Sometimes we do need information to provide services that you may request, and this statement of privacy explains data collection and use in those situations.
CHHC welcome you to visit our web site without telling us who you are, and without revealing any information about yourself. However occasionally you may choose to give us personal information, for example, when you choose to contact us or request information from us. We will ask you for information that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you.
CHHC collect the personal data that you may volunteer while using our services. We do not collect information about our visitors from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organisations. We do not collect or use personal data for any purpose other than that indicated below:
- To send you confirmation of requests that you have made to us
- To send you information when you request it
CHHC intend to protect the quality and integrity of your personally identifiable information and we have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to do so. CHHC ensure that your personal data will not be disclosed to any establishments, institutions or authorities except if required by law or other regulation.
CHHC are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure all information.
Details of the cookies we use and why we use them are outlined below.
|_ga | _gid | _gat||To better understand how our website is used and improve its performance we use Google Analytics cookies. Google Analytics is an analytical web service provided by Google, Inc. Cookies are used to collect information such as the time of day a visit occurred, which pages were visited, how long was spent on the site and to identify the point of origin and any search keywords used. This helps us to provide a better website experience and improve its performance.|
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should be aware that we don’t have any control over the other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting these sites
CHHC aim to provide the highest standard of care, and as health professionals, we maintain records about you in order to support your care. CHHC take great care to ensure that your information is kept securely, that it is up to date, accurate and used appropriately. No one other than our therapists has access to your medical records, and we are highly trained to understand the legal and professional obligations to protect your information.
Colchester Holistic Health Clinic complies with data protection and access to medical records legislation. Identifiable information about you will only be shared with others in the following circumstances:
- To provide further medical treatment for you e.g. from general practioner and hospital services
- To help you get other services e.g. from the xray department. This requires your consent
- When we have a duty to others e.g. in child protection cases, anonymised patient information will also be used at local and national level to help the Health Board and Government plan services e.g. for Lymphoedema care
CHHC are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use information collected lawfully in accordance with:
- The Data Protection Act 2018, the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Human Rights Act 1998
- Common Law and the Duty of Confidence – HSE
- Health and Social Care Act 2012
- NHS Codes of Confidentiality, Information Security and Records Management
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapist Code of Members’ Professional Values and Behaviour
- Heath and Care Professionals Council Standards
Change of Details
It is important that you keep us up to date with your details such as your name or address have changed or if any of your details such as date of birth is incorrect in order for this to be amended. You have a responsibility to inform us of any changes so our records are accurate and up to date for you.